Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Thank You Cards

I have been told that it's good business practice to send Thank You cards to clients. And it occurred to me recently that since I've taken up the mantle of artist and designer, that I should create them myself. So yesterday, I took the afternoon off from business development and took pen in hand. to create this Zentangle™-inspired drawing.


Then I worked with watercolor pencil and some digital enhancements in Photoshop.


I'm still on the fence about whether I will produce these or make another attempt (this time using watercolor or at least mixed media paper instead of heavyweight sketch paper). This was my first time using masking fluid.

What this also informs me of is that I really need to do some work every day to be able to get my children's book done. I need a bit more control over my paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment