Sunday, September 28, 2014

ACEOs Are Done, and An Afternoon of Sketching

The weather's been a bit weird the past couple of weeks; we're getting our fall preview, I guess. Temps have been more like the UK was in August (in the mid-60's in the day and the 50's at night), except for this weekend, where we had a small burst of summer heat.

I spent the afternoon sketching outside on my back porch.


And my ACEO cards are done and living in their clear sleeves and inserted  into Strathmore Frame Cards. I finished all of them yesterday. I activated the Derwent Inktense pencils with a brush I acquired in the UK at the art supply store in Bath, on the recommendation of the saleswoman. It's a Pentel Aquash brush, with a self-contained water reservoir - rather designed specifically to use with watercolor pencils, I think. It lets you work in watercolor out in the wild without having to deal with bowls of water.

Here are photos of some of the cards before cutting and packaging:



No comments:

Post a Comment